From 28 to 31 March 2022, the laureates of the 2nd edition of Afrique Créative met in Tunis for a week of training (bootcamp) focused on scaling up and preparing to raise funds.
After more than 6 months of online interaction, the entrepreneurs were finally able to meet each other.
Organised by I&P Conseil (a member of the Afrique Créative consortium), the bootcamp focused on 6 themes:
- Determine my financing needs
- Distinguish between the different valuation methods
- Practical exercises on valuation methods
- The fundamentals of an entrepreneur-investor relationship
- Measuring the impact of my activities
- Discovering ESG standards and analysing the risks of a project
In addition to the sessions, the entrepreneurs were able to exchange with Olivier Bokoga (expert-trainer in finance at I&P Conseil) and with Luc Mayitoukou and Faisal Kiwewa (members of the consortium) on issues specifically related to their company.
The exchanges between the entrepreneurs and the trainers were very interesting and exciting. Moreover, synergies were created and already the beginnings of partnerships between entrepreneurs from different countries are emerging.
The bootcamp marks the junction between the incubation phase and the acceleration phase of the Afrique Créative programme.
Zoom on the acceleration phase:
- What is changing:
- End of business support by incubators
- Start of close mentoring by an investor
- What is not changing:
- Punctual e-learning content
- Coaching by a creative mentor
- Focus: Investor mentoring:
- Pace: 1 day / month
- Topics: determining your financing needs, preparing financial projections, negotiating with investors, etc.
Learn more about the support : Support
Some photos (Montassar Lassoued) :