David Masanso is the founder and director of Crossroads digital multimedia Ltd. Graduated in 3D Animation from the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, he has over 15 years experience as an animator and animation trainer. He has directed several animation projects for non-governmental organisations, government and corporate television advertising. He has directed one animated short-film and produced four animated short-films that have won 8 awards.
As one of the pioneers of the animation industry in Uganda, he has trained more than 250 students in animation through learning projects that have enabled them to develop their skills while earning money.
Among other achievements: David co-founded Women in Animation Uganda; as well as Crossroads Kids Animation club, which organizes art training programs for children. He has been a Discop expert and speaker (2018, South Africa) as well as a judge at the Kalasha International TV and Film Market in Kenya. He is also a trainer in animation workshops at various film festivals.
Crossroads Digital Multimedia, is an award-winning animation studio, training school and production house with a creative design rooted in the rich culture of African storytelling with unexploited potential. Its current portfolio includes animated shorts, educational content, television commercials, awareness content and documentaries combining direct action and animation. Its mission is to form an artistic team capable of developing entertaining African stories in 3D. Capacity building and inclusion are part of the DNA of Crossroads, which organizes numerous training courses and internships in animation, particularly targeting youth and women.
The studio has gained local and international recognition through the Lions International Festival of Creativity in Cannes, the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African leaders, DISCOP (Discomics) Johannesburg, the Kalasha International Film Festival and the Uganda Film Festival.
The development project
With Afrique Créative, Crossroads Digital Mutimedia pursues acceleration objectives. Among these, the company wishes to
- > Producing and broadcasting Mukago, a new animated adventure of local African games where fierce competition of four best friends leads to trouble the children overcome.
- Promote the inclusion of marginalized groups in the facilitation team
- Develop an innovative communication and marketing strategy to reach an audience of 5 million subscribers; and to interest various partners and advertisers.
Activities have already been carried out:
- The office relocation: this new space is more specious and offers new opportunities
- An advanced Computer Art Bootcamp: including workshops on animation and artificial intelligence led by Andrew Maximov, Crossroads creative mentor.
- The production of the animated series, Mukago
animators trained since 2018
Mukago episodes in 2020
of women in the team
of deaf people in the team
More info and contact