Elijah Kitaka is co-founder and CEO of Fezah, a technology and entertainment company. He has a total of 18 years of professional experience in the technology, banking, social security and entertainment sectors, at various levels of responsibility. Previously, he has been working for Google for 5 years as Head of Strategic Partnerships and afterwards as Head of the Startups Program.
He is also the creator and presenter of Uganda’s oldest jazz radio show, Jazz Evenings, a weekly show broadcast on Radio One FM 90. On air for the past 15 years, the show has played a major role in discovering and promoting talent to the general public and the music industry.
Elijah Kitaka has also spent more than 7 years in technology management positions in the banking and financial sector at Barclays Bank, Global Trust Bank and most recently at the National Social Security Fund. He has a proven experience in business start-ups, having started his career as the founder and software developer at True African, which is now an 18 year old software development and services company. This company has become profitable and has been ranked among KPMG’s Top 100 Mid-Market Companies in its 7th year.
Fezah, a technology and entertainment company dedicated to African musicians and event professionals, offers two mobile apps.
- Fezah Booking: the app connects musicians to festivals, concerts, venues and businesses using booking and airplay data.
- Airplay Monitoring: the company, which monitors radio stations across the country, provides real-time notifications and reports to musicians when their songs are playing.
To complement its range of services to promote musicians, Fezah organizes monthly live shows open to the public and sponsors.
The development project
With Afrique Créative, Fezah is pursuing acceleration objectives. Among these, the company wants to
- Increase the average income of musical artists registered on the app
- Acquire equipment and set up a rehearsal studio to improve the booking system and live concerts and thus offer a complete solution to the artists.
- Break even in the last quarter of 2020 to prove the viability of the concept
Activities have already been carried out
- The separation of the original concept into two distinct apps: Airplay Monitoring and Booking
- The adaptation of apps to iOS and Android mobile operating systems and to the web
- The registration of the Fezah trademark in order to protect it
- The acquisition of sound, stage and lighting equipment
bookings since 2019
monitored in Uganda
|1 538 |
clients in 2019
|+10 000 |
followers on Facebook
More info and contact