Zoom on the e-learning
Creative entrepreneurs, who had always paid more attention to their predilection field (including visual arts, fashion, or 3D animation) than to topics such as marketing or management, attest to the e-learning program’s usefulness in improving their business management skills and ultimately succeeding in their scale-up.
«Afrique Créative gave me the tools to understand the structuring of a business that will allow my company in a to develop in a significant way”.
« We have e-learning every week and it allows us to understand how to become an entrepreneur because at the beginning we are creators. »
« “Before Afrique Créative, I had the animation skills but I didn’t have the proper business skills. The virtual business trainings contributed a lot towards my knowledge and how to apply it. »
Zoom on the mentorship
For all the entrepreneurs, creative coaching and business coaching, which are tailor-made to meet each company’s specific needs, have been a real asset in their acceleration projects execution
- For Senegalese director Angèle Diabang, Luis Marquès, her creative mentor, has been a real support, renewing her inspiration :
« For almost a year and a half, I hadn’t written a single line on the film “Une Si Longue Lettre”. When I met Luis something woke up and I was able to get a new perspective that gave birth to a much stronger version of the script. »
- For the Moroccan publishing house Langages du Sud, whose ambition through Afrique Créative was to become a true multiplatform multimedia content producer, the mentoring really allowed them to structure their development strategy and to achieve the adaptation of their children’s book collection Lina and Adam in cartoon.
“We were assisted by two mentors. A business mentor and a creative one. the business mentor got us ready us to scale-up, the creative mentor advising us on the animated series. »
Zoom on the Bootcamps
The program’s two bootcamps, weeks of intensive workshops, gave the entrepreneurs the opportunity to learn from both facilitators and other members of the cohort experiences.
- The first bootcamp, focused on structuring the business model of a creative company, was enlightening for Brahim El Mazned.
“The bootcamp in Ouagadougou allowed us to have another look at our structure, we then keep on putting into practice what we learned there”.
Zoom on the Afrique Créative impact
- The Afrique Créative program and more specifically the tools it provides entrepreneurs, allow them to completely rethink their approach to become a business oriented one: creating economic value both for their structure and their ecosystems.
At the beginning we were not lucrative, the products we made had more of a social impact than an economic one. Now we have a range of services to offer that are profitable.”
- Overall, as funding for cultural and creative industries is limited, the Afrique Créative program enables these companies to have the opportunity to create real added value in their respective fields of activity.
“The cultural and creative industries are not necessarily very well-funded. Activities like ours would never have found funding without the Afrique Créative program!”
“I encourage all entrepreneurs to apply for Afrique Créative. It’s a unique program that brings value. »
Check out their entire testimonial on their profiles