Graduated from business school, author and publisher for 20 years, Patricia Defever created Langages du Sud after a long experience at Cherche Midi éditeur. Her achievements include consulting and the development of new information technologies applied to companies, film creation, the creation of numerous contents (books, scripts, screenplays) and finally the creation and development of Langages du Sud, a publishing and production company based on the African continent.
The mission of the Langages du Sud (LDS) publishing house is to reveal the diversity of African heritage and artistic and cultural creation in order to transmit it. This vocation was born out of the conviction that creation and culture are fundamental drivers of development, innovation and social cohesion. The value proposition of LDS is to be a Content Creator for all types of media: books, digital, film and video, events, cultural spaces such as museums, etc. This positioning is currently structured around four areas of expertise, where the enhancement of the African continent and its creative dynamism occupies an important place: culture, economy and sociology, sustainable development, and youth.
Langages du Sud has created 14 collections, several of which are aimed at youth and the promotion of young African talent, as well as a contest to identify and reward young artists. LDS has also developed a digital platform to promote African brands and the continent’s industrial leaders (i.e. Brand YourMorocco).
The development project
With Afrique Créative, Langages du Sud is pursuing acceleration objectives. Among these, the company wants to
- Diversify its supply by adapting the children’s books “Lina and Adam” into a five-episode animated series for children.
- Create and animate a community around its youth products.
- Raise funds for a successful move to scale
Activities have already been carried out
- The recruitment of a team to produce the animated series and the creation of a position of communication officer.
- Building employee skills
- Prospecting for new partners for fundraising purposes
- Writing, scriptwriting, storyboarding and modeling of the first episodes of the series Lina and Adam
- Office refurbishment and purchase of new equipment
|103 423 |
released since 2018
of women in the team
subscribers to the Facebook page
customers since 2018
More info and contact