Fatoumata PINDRA (founding member): Graduated with a Master 2 in Audit / Management Control, Fatoumata has extensive professional experience in the field of organization management and partner relations. She has been involved for several years in various development programs, as well as the production of events and cultural products on the Senegalese scene.
Safouane PINDRA (founding member): Graduated in production management at Inirep (France), he has completed his career with several training courses in show, artist and venue management. With more than 25 years of experience in the musical field, Safouane directed major events in Senegal and West Africa. He has also been the manager of about twenty African artists and groups.
For 20 years, Optimiste Produktions has been producing phonographic and audiovisual productions and organising events to promote urban cultures in Senegal. These include the international urban music festival YAKAAR (formerly known as the Hip-Hop Awards) and three editions of the Yakaar Jeunes talents Rufisque contest. Optimiste initiated the pôle YAKAAR (Hope in Wolof), a creative space with a recording and rehearsal studio, workshops for making and silk-screen printing, a documentation area, and a multipurpose room. These activities are complemented by training to strengthen the capacities of young artists and technicians. Optimiste has contributed to setting up Perceptive, the first performance hall with a capacity of more than 1,000 seats in the Rufisque department.
The development project
With Afrique Créative, Optimiste Produktions is pursuing acceleration objectives. Among these, the company wants to
- Structure its business model and diversify its sources of income
- Develop a strategy and communication materials to boost sales
- Create sustainable jobs and work on team organization
- Improve the its management tools
Several activities have already been carried out:
- The completion of the Yakaar pole extension works.
- The order of installed screen printing equipment and sound equipment
- The finalization of the website
- The tax regularization and the elaboration of the team’s employment contracts
editions of the YAKAAR International Festival of Urban Music (+ 500 artists and groups)
editions of the YAKAAR Young Rufisque Talent Competition
musical and audiovisual works produced from 2002 to present
young people trained in cost internships in live music and entertainment professions
More info and contact
- : Optimiste Produktions
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : +(221) 77.961.66.09 / 77.651.44.44
- : @Optimistprod and @poleyakaar